My Dentistry Blog
Posts for tag: restorative dentistry
Want a better-looking smile? Dental crowns and bridges can give you the healthy, beautiful smile you deserve. Dr. Jeffrey Golder in Greenwood, IN offers a full range of dental services, including dental crowns and bridges. Read on to find out what crowns and bridges can do for your smile.
Benefits of Crowns
Stronger Teeth- If your teeth have been severely damaged by decay, dental fillings can't replace enough of the teeth or make the teeth strong enough. Dental crowns will make the damaged teeth stronger.
A Pretty Smile- Crowns can be used to improve the appearance of your teeth. They may be placed to cover discolored, cracked, broken or misshapen teeth. Porcelain dental crowns are translucent and smooth, matching the shade and size of your own teeth. They look just like natural teeth.
Save Your Teeth- A tooth that has been weakened can be saved by covering it with a crown. When a tooth is severely damaged by a trauma, decay or an infection, the tooth becomes weaker. This leaves the tooth prone to further damage unless your Greenwood dentist does something to preserve it.
Benefits of Bridges
Replace Lost Teeth- Dental bridges will give you a smile you love. Dental bridges are used to replace one or more missing teeth. Conventional dental bridges involve creating a dental crown for the tooth or dental implant on either side of the missing tooth, with an artificial tooth in between.
Prevent Shifting- Once a tooth is lost, the surrounding teeth start to shift at an accelerated rate. A fixed dental bridge will prevent the existing teeth from moving out of place. When bridges fill in your smile's gaps, your teeth are supported on all sides and have no place to shift.
Good looks- With a bridge, not only will you fill the gaps in your smile, you will also improve the appearance of the teeth that you are crowning. Porcelain bridges look great and match the natural teeth well. With a bridge, you will enjoy the confidence of having an attractive smile.
If you've ever wanted a beautiful smile, this is your chance! Call Dr. Golder at (317) 882-7800 today to schedule a consultation in Greenwood, IN. Dental crowns and bridges have helped millions of individuals transform their smiles, giving them confidence and improving the overall quality of their lives. And it can do the same for you.
Restorative dentistry is designed to not only make your teeth look better but improve your dental health as well. Dr. Jeffrey Golder, your dentist in Greenwood, Indiana, wants his patients to understand the benefits of the restorative dentistry procedures he offers. He discusses the details here.
You won't just look better in pictures when you're wearing dentures from your Greenwood dentist. Wearing these tooth restorations, which can be full or partial, allow you to eat more foods that you may avoid otherwise. These foods include meat and raw vegetables, both of which are important for proper nutrition. Wearing partial dentures also helps protect your remaining natural teeth, as they provide stability in what would otherwise be a significant gap. Your natural teeth need their "neighbors" in order to stay fixed in place. Choosing to wear full dentures can also be a step in the right direction for your health as well, as many people who are missing many teeth have significant decay in their remaining teeth, which can be painful or infected.
Although bonding is often used to improve the color or shape of your teeth, the material can also be used as a cavity filling. The strong, plastic-and-glass mixture that your Greenwood dentist uses is an excellent alternative to metal fillings, giving you the same protection against decay while looking like part of a natural tooth.
Like dentures, these restorations improve the way your smile looks when you're missing one or more of your teeth. They also help to support the natural teeth you still have, only they replace the entire tooth instead of just the visible portion. The root is replicated by a tiny metal post, while the rest of the tooth is carefully made out of porcelain to look exactly like the rest of your teeth. In fact, you might even forget you have a dental implant, especially since they can last a lifetime with proper care.
As you can see, restorative dentistry is a multifaceted approach to taking care of your teeth. If you'd like more information, contact your Greenwood dentist's office to schedule a consultation!
Your smile can look brand new again with restorative dentistry treatments. Dr. Jeffery B. Golder, your Greenwood, IN dentist can help restore your smile with the following treatment options.
What is restorative dentistry?
Restorative dentistry techniques are used to fix damaged or decayed areas of your teeth or replace missing teeth. Depending on your problem, one of more of these treatments may be a good choice for you:
- Dental bonding: Composite resin bonding repairs chips and cracks and can change the shape and length of teeth. The putty-like bonding material is shaped to fit your tooth, then hardened with a special curing light.
- Fillings: Fillings replace the decayed areas of teeth. Silver amalgam fillings aren't the only option anymore. Tooth-colored composite resin fillings are just as durable but aren't noticeable in your mouth.
- Dental crowns: Dental crowns are a good option if you want to cover a discolored tooth or conceal cracks or chips. They're also used to repair broken teeth and strengthen weak teeth.
- Bridges: There's no need to live with a missing tooth when a bridge provides an effective way to replace it. Bridges span the gap in your mouth with an artificial tooth anchored by crowns.
- Veneers: Appearances are deceiving when it comes to veneers. Although these porcelain shells are as thin as a fingernail, they're tough enough to stand up to daily wear and tear. Veneers cover the front surfaces of teeth and conceal chips, crack and discolorations. They can also be used to cover small gaps between teeth.
- Dentures: Dentures are often recommended if you've lost all of your teeth or a significant number of them. Depending on the number of teeth you've lost, you may want to consider either full or partial dentures.
- Dental Implants: Implants, the newest tooth replacement option, replace the roots of a missing tooth and bond to your jawbone. A crown added on top restores your ability to bite comfortably. Both single implants and implant-supported dentures are available.
Don't give up on your teeth! Restorative dentistry treatments can improve your smile. Call Dr. Jeffery B. Golder, your Greenwood, IN dentist at (317) 882-7800 to schedule an appointment.