My Dentistry Blog
Posts for tag: dental implants
Your smile can look brand new again with restorative dentistry treatments. Dr. Jeffery B. Golder, your Greenwood, IN dentist can help restore your smile with the following treatment options.
What is restorative dentistry?
Restorative dentistry techniques are used to fix damaged or decayed areas of your teeth or replace missing teeth. Depending on your problem, one of more of these treatments may be a good choice for you:
- Dental bonding: Composite resin bonding repairs chips and cracks and can change the shape and length of teeth. The putty-like bonding material is shaped to fit your tooth, then hardened with a special curing light.
- Fillings: Fillings replace the decayed areas of teeth. Silver amalgam fillings aren't the only option anymore. Tooth-colored composite resin fillings are just as durable but aren't noticeable in your mouth.
- Dental crowns: Dental crowns are a good option if you want to cover a discolored tooth or conceal cracks or chips. They're also used to repair broken teeth and strengthen weak teeth.
- Bridges: There's no need to live with a missing tooth when a bridge provides an effective way to replace it. Bridges span the gap in your mouth with an artificial tooth anchored by crowns.
- Veneers: Appearances are deceiving when it comes to veneers. Although these porcelain shells are as thin as a fingernail, they're tough enough to stand up to daily wear and tear. Veneers cover the front surfaces of teeth and conceal chips, crack and discolorations. They can also be used to cover small gaps between teeth.
- Dentures: Dentures are often recommended if you've lost all of your teeth or a significant number of them. Depending on the number of teeth you've lost, you may want to consider either full or partial dentures.
- Dental Implants: Implants, the newest tooth replacement option, replace the roots of a missing tooth and bond to your jawbone. A crown added on top restores your ability to bite comfortably. Both single implants and implant-supported dentures are available.
Don't give up on your teeth! Restorative dentistry treatments can improve your smile. Call Dr. Jeffery B. Golder, your Greenwood, IN dentist at (317) 882-7800 to schedule an appointment.